The fastest way to learn everything going on in tech is to read this report. Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker has become a legend for publishing these compilations of the most critical stats and trends about how technology is evolving. From the funding climate to smartphone adoption to the tech giants to cutting-edge inventions, the Mary Meeker Internet Trends report has it all.
Below you’ll find the full 2016 report embedded.
Some highlights include:
- The global Internet adoption rate was flat year-over-year at 9%, reaching 3 billion users or 42% of the world’s population
- Smartphone adoption’s growth is slowing, while Android increases marketshare despite a shrinking average selling price
- Economic growth, Internet adoption, and population growth are all slowing
- US advertising is growing, with Google and Facebook controlling 76% of the market and rising, but advertisers still spend too much on legacy media rather than new media where the audience has shifted
- Meeker predicts the rise of voice interfaces because they’re fast, easy, personalized, and cheap
Want more? Here’s our breakdown of the most important insights from the 2015 Internet Trends report